Green Destinations considers privacy and the careful handling of personal data of great importance. Personal data are therefore carefully processed and protected by us. We treat all relevant data in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GPDR). In this privacy statement, we inform you about your rights and our obligations and state what data we collect from you, for what purpose and explain how your data is stored.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Personal data, is processed via the Newsletter subscription page or the Contact Us form. If we use your personal data in our further contact with you, we will treat it with care. We use the information we receive to provide our services, to improve them, for communication purposes and to offer our customers good and personalized service.
How do we collect data?
Green Destinations may receive information from you in the following ways:
- Direct from you – When you will submit your interest to receive our Newsletter or in the Contact Us forms.
- At events – Green Destinations can also process data of visitors at the events it organizes, such as registering for an event for communication or security purposes. When entering an event location, the visitor is always informed of such processing and such data will not be shared with third parties without permission, insofar as this can reasonably be obtained unless Green Destinations is legally obliged to do so.
What data do we collect?
Green Destinations may process various user data, including personal data. The data that Green Destinationsmay collect from you are:
- Contact and account details– Such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, country, organisation, reason of contact.
How and why we use this information?
Green Destinations may use the aforementioned data for the following purposes:
For the execution of our agreement with you
We use your information when you enter into communication with us (for example, to send a request) so that we can:
- Maintain contact with you;
- Be able to provide customer service.
For our legitimate business interests
We use your information for the following legitimate business interests:
- To send you our newsletter and official communications from our organisation.
- For our marketing purposes, to provide you with information about our events, organized by or on behalf of Green Destinations. This includes, for example, e-mails with information;
- For creating user statistics;
The Communications section is for businesses that may contact users via email (email newsletters) or other methods.
Your data will not be used for purposes other than those mentioned above.
With whom do we share data?
Sometimes it is necessary to share your personal data with third parties. In some cases, legal obligations may require personal data to be passed on to third parties. If a court ruling obliges us to provide personal data to third parties, we will have to comply.
We may also pass on your details to our partners to organize a joint activity. Our partners may use this information for marketing purposes. In this case, only the necessary personal data will be shared.
How do we store personal data?
Green Destinations does its utmost to ensure that your personal data is properly protected. Only those persons for whom it is necessary by virtue of his or her position are given access to the data relating to customers or persons we do business with. We have taken appropriate technical measures and these are regularly updated to ensure that data is securely stored. Please note however that the Internet is never 100% secure.
We do not retain data longer than necessary to provide the services you have requested.
Cookies & Security
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
2311 EV Leiden
If you have complaints about how we handle personal data, you can always contact us. We are happy to help you find a solution. If an amicable solution is not possible, you can always contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Changes to this privacy statement